Friday, December 16, 2011

This card will be mine! Oh yes, it will be mine...



It's like a dream or something. My favorite band and baseball cards finally come together!

So, apparently 2011 Topps American Pie was released a couple days ago. American Pie was first released by Topps in 2001-2002, a set which I've previously featured on this blog. From what I've seen, the 2011 offering is all entertainment and no baseball. Now I know why I didn't hear about its release.

The set includes celebrities such as Groucho Marx and John Lennon, and notable entertainment events such as the Beatles playing at Shea Stadium and the premiere of "Seinfeld", among many others. The only downside of this set is that Topps seemed compelled to use "events" from today's age, so "groundbreaking" events such as "Kanye Interrupts Swift" and "The Premiere of Jersey Shore" are also painfully included in this set. Shame on you, Topps, for putting The Beatles and and Groucho Marx in the same set as Jersey Shore.

But all and all, this set seems almost perfect for my non-baseball/historical card collection. If I can't trade for the set, I know I'll be "investing" some of my Christmas money towards the complete base set of these.

The Ramones finally immortalized on cardboard. A happy day for an avid music fan/baseball card collector!

No comments: