Friday, December 30, 2011

And the wedding "Bells" ring at the All-Star game


I recently decided to start collecting Heath Bell. After seeing his famous slide at the 2011 All-Star game and his swan dive into his pool on MLB Network's "Intentional Talk", I decided this was a cardboard necessity. (Send me your Heath Bell cards!)

I recently received this 2010 Topps Update Bell card via trade. I noticed something funny about this one.

Apparently, someone just got married judging from the sign over Bell's shoulder. Whoever it is, their marriage is probably the first ever immortalized on cardboard. That could have good and bad implementations...(I'm sorry, I had a brief "writer's" block there. I'm watching "The Office" and a Conan O'Brien commercial just came on. I can't believe how unfunny one man can be.)

Anyways, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, marriage, baseball card, Heath Bell. Good and bad things. On the one hand, if the marriage works out, you've got a new photo for your album. And one of the best wedding presents one could ever receive.

On the other hand, if it doesn't work out, you could never destroy all the evidence out there. Unless you want to track down each copy of this card. That wouldn't be easy. And you'll never pry this one off of me!

So a belated congratulations to the couple that was "just married" over Heath Bell's shoulder. Hopefully they're Heath Bell fans.

1 comment:

night owl said...

Good gracious, I thought I was the last person on earth who thought Conan O'Brien was unfunny. Phew, what a relief!