Monday, December 12, 2011

An A&G mailday


I miss the times where I'd be chomping at the bit to go downstairs and get the mail. My whole afternoon would be centered around that moment. Lately, my trading hasn't been as abundant and checking the mail hasn't been as exciting. (I've looked forward to getting the Big Bang Theory from Netflix more times than receiving trade packages the last few weeks.) The last time I was expecting more than a few packages was when 2011 Topps Update came out in early October. Good news: The new 2012 releases always help trading pick up. Bad news: 2012 Topps doesn't come out until February.

I still love trading, though, and I always will. I received a few 2011 Topps Allen and Ginter cards I needed in the mail today. The Hometown Heroes Jason Heyward pictured above is the last I need from that insert set.


It's been a wild last few days for the Brewers. On Saturday, reports broke that Ryan Braun tested positive for a banned substance, a result which he knew of before winning the MVP. As a result of the Braun circus, the Brewers' signing of Aramis Ramirez today has become a mere footnote.

The A&G Highlight Sketches insert set is one of the more underrated in recent memory. It's probably because everything else in most A&G sets are even better than they are.

The A&G base sets have always been among my favorites in the modern era of baseball cards. The Greinke shown above (which is a short-print) is no exception to that. The Greinke also caps off my short-print needs for 2011 Topps Allen and Ginter.

So, anyone wanna trade?

No comments: