Saturday, December 31, 2011

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: The Baseball Card Sequel

I don't know why, but this afternoon I was thinking about what a sequel to the movie "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" would look like. The original is one of my favorite movies.

Then I got to thinking about baseball cards (what a surprise!). I remembered a few cards I had recently picked up.

Then, I combined by thoughts and, voila, a sequel appeared!



Planes...




Trains...




...and Automobiles!


I knew I had cards of planes and automobiles, but I didn't think there was a card that featured a train. A simple google search found the 2010 Astros train card. The train scoots down the tracks whenever the Astros hit a homer or win a game. As a result, the train hasn't been seen for the last three years or so.

That's Bo Jackson standing next to a Navy plane for his 1995 Pinnacle photo. How did they arrive at that for his picture? Bo: "So, I'm thinking I want to stand next to a plane for my baseball card. A Navy plane or something like that." Photographer: "Why did you drag me to this Navy runwa...oh. Okay, since we're here already, we can do that."

Apparently blindingly yellow sports cars were all the rage in 1997. That's Benito Santiago ('97 Fleer) and Omar Vizquel ('97 Collector's Choice) being photographed with them. (Is it the same car?) Vizquel's showcasing some hardware, from the looks of it.

Okay, we'll stick to the original film.

2 comments:

Adam Kaningher said...

Benito is driving a Ferrari F355 Spyder, and Omar is next to a heavily customized Porsche 911.

trang da ken tam han quoc said...

cach tam trang ken tam la 1 trong nhung cong nghe moi nhat gop phan nang cao nhan sac cua chi em mot cach nhanh chong. Voi hi vong so huu 1 lan da trang hong rang ro thi day chac chan la mot phuong phap ma chi em co the tim hieu ngay hom nay. Mot so trang de cac ban co the tim hieu ngay:
- phuong phap tam trang han quoc ken tam
- medium.com/@tamtrangkentam
- tumblr.com
- cach tam trang thai doc da hieu qua
- cach tam trang thai doc da duoc yeu thich