Monday, January 13, 2014

The last paycheck


As I announced a few months ago, I managed to land myself a job this past summer.

It felt good to finally pay some of my own bills for a change. Plus, it was nice having a little extra cash to devote to the hobby as well.

Unfortunately, after a steady first month or two, the job I'd landed began to become a distraction. Without warning, management cut my hours to almost nil. It stayed that way even after I asked to work more.

So, with a new semester of school on the horizon, I quit last week. It simply didn't work out the way I'd hoped, which means that I'm back on the job hunt once again.

Why am I telling you this?

Because a few of you, fellow readers, are going to be the beneficiaries of my last paycheck from my former job.

I used it to stage the grandest mailday I've ever had since I started trading online. I shipped out a total of nine packages this past Saturday. If you're in the following zip codes, expect something from me in the near future.

61615
02766
62450
97535
33125
19713
76522
13601
91320
80020

I also mailed out a few packages and PWEs earlier in the week, but forgot to write down the zip codes. As a result, some more of you should be getting cards from me if you haven't already.

Some of the packages I sent this week were returns for great cards others had already sent me. Some were "just because" mailers of appreciation.

I have a bit of money saved up, so I won't be completely broke for now. I do have a few more packages I want to get out soon as well.

I will more than likely have to cut back a bit on my hobby budget for the time being, though. At least until I can find another job.

In the meantime, I can't think of a better way I could've spent my last paycheck.

It's my way of saying thanks to all the great people out there who have supported this blog over the past two years.

I'll be back tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mark Hoyle said...

I see my zip on there . Thanks Nick. I have another package heading out for you. No worries and no rush on anything in return. Save your cash

Marcus said...

Seeing how much I nerd out whenever I see a list of zip codes is pretty ridiculous. "Am I on there, am I on there? YES!"

Thanks for whatever's coming, I'm sure it'll be awesome as usual. Best of luck with the job hunt!

P-town Tom said...

Woo-Hoo! I feel like I won the lottery!

Adam Kaningher said...

Already received! Thank you!