Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Gems of Junk Wax Day": Going horizontal


A big snowstorm hit our area last night.

Of my three classes today, two were cancelled. The one that wasn't is a volleyball class, and, although I don't make a habit of it, I decided to skip it this afternoon.

So, as a result, I'm sitting at home during this brutally cold day with nothing much to do. I guess that can only mean one thing.

It's Gems of Junk Wax Day!

In case you missed the last celebration, I'll be posting select GOJW nominees throughout the day. Each of the gems I show will have a common thread to them. Last time around, the concept was cards that were #1 in their respective checklists.

Today's theme?

Going horizontal

Every card I feature today will be horizontally-inclined. This is partly due to the investigation I did with Lance Parrish's 1993 Upper Deck single in a recent frankenset post, something that made me appreciate an already great piece all the more.

I have five other horizontal greats ready to go today.

It should be a fun trip into the world of landscape cardboard.

No comments: