Sunday, December 18, 2011

Run...for...your...LIFE!! AAAHHH!!

1998 Sports Illustrated "Then and Now Art of the Game" #AG-4 Brooks Robinson

This is, without a doubt, the creepiest baseball card I own. It looks like something that gives little kids nightmares, like the baseball version of the "Bogeyman".

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? My mom is actually scared of this card. It has powers, I tell you! Now she calls it "The Burn Victim Card". And I don't think she's too far off there.

This insert set is from the '98 Sports Illustrated offering, which all in all is a good set. But not these horrendous pieces of cardboard. And there's still seven more of these creepy "art" cards that I don't own. (I use the word "art" loosely here.) I feel like one of the others is gonna jump out of a dime box and attack me when I least expect it. Shudder.

This is the only card in my Hall of Fame collection that I kinda wish I didn't have. Can you blame me?

No comments: