Thursday, December 29, 2011

Only I would buy this card, Pt. 3

1966 Topps #580 Billy Williams
1967 Topps #584 Jim Piersall
 
No, your eyes aren't deceiving you. Those cards have holes in them. And the corners are cut off.

Holes and chopped corners aside, these are some pretty neat cards. They're both high-numbers. The color blue appears to be the motif for the Williams. It's everywhere! The '67 Piersall is his final player issue. I never thought I'd own a copy of this card.

The '66 Williams cost me fifty cents, and the Piersall set me back a quarter. If these two cards were in tip-top shape, they'd be worth 100 bucks together. I love looking at how much some of my beat-up vintage cards would be worth if they were in good condition. And then I laugh. 

My vintage collection would be about 100 times smaller if I was a stickler for condition. The way I see it, I'd rather own a crappy copy of a card I want than drool over the same card in better shape, which I could never dream of having.

That's what I think, anyway.

No comments: