Sunday, April 29, 2012

Please Mr. Postman (A trade post) -- Fish out of water


Now that I've been around for over four months, I'm not sure if my blog still falls under the category of "new".

But one of the definite better "new" blogs out there is "ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession", written by former reader-turned-blogger Adam.

I received the above card in the mail the other day, the result of the record fourth trade between Adam and I.

As I've said before, not every trade has to be a "blockbuster". I get a ton of enjoyment out of receiving a simple plain white envelope (or "PWE" in collector speak) with one or two cards inside.

The last couple of trades between Adam and I have been of the PWE variety, and they've both been fantastic.

In exchange for the 2012 Gypsy Queen Green Matt Cain mini I pulled (one of the many cards from last weekend's GQ extravaganza), I received the above "Straight Cut" Heath Bell mini.

A quick side note: I'm questioning whether the short-printed minis (numbers 301 and above) are actually SPs. I pulled six different ones from my blaster and rack pack of GQ, including the Cain. (The Bell is one as well.)

Anyways, Heath Bell is one of the players who have recently been "accepted" into my binders. He's already got a few cards as a Marlin thus far in 2012, but he's struggled in his time with Florida so far this year. (Sorry...Miami.)

I'm sure he'll turn it around, but I'd like it to be sooner rather than later. Bell seems like one of the nicest players in the game right now and, although I don't like to see anyone struggle, it's been especially painful in his case for me to watch.

Struggles or no struggles, I'm glad to be the proud owner of one of my new favorite Heath Bell cards.

Thanks, Adam!

No comments: