Thursday, April 26, 2012

It happens every day


My collection always seems to amaze me.

Sometimes I'll just be flipping through my binders and see a certain card that I don't even remember buying. Sometimes I'll just hold a certain card in my hand for a good twenty seconds or so because it's just that cool. It takes me a while to actually look through a full one of my binders, because I end up pulling every other card out to get a closer look.

A few hours ago, I decided to take a look through my Indians binder. As the dozens of Kenny Lofton and Grady Sizemore cards stared back at me, I realized something.

I honestly can't remember the last time that I went a full day without doing something related to baseball cards.

Can you?

Whether it's a lazy summer afternoon or a national holiday, I've at least dabbled in my collection each and every day.

I know it's at least been the case since I started this blog in December of last year. I've managed to knock out at least one post per day thus far. In order to make a post, you have to dig through your cards, of course.

But even before that, I'd just look through my cards and see something cool or something that made me think from time to time. (I guess that's what started me down the path of launching this blog.)

It would be weird to go a full day without baseball cards in some way, shape, or form. Maybe I should try it one of these days. (Or maybe not.)

As I've mentioned before, there's nothing more relaxing than simply sitting down and enjoying your cards. Whether that be by organizing, sorting, or simply looking is up to you.

I guess that's why I keep going back to them day after day. It's peaceful. Plus, it's baseball season again, which is even more incentive to celebrate the game's history though the cards.

So, do these seemingly innocent pieces of cardboard have a hold on me? You could say so.

I don't mind, though.

No comments: