Sunday, May 31, 2015

The dime box frankenset, Page 66: Numbers 586-594


Last week's frankenset voting was another rout.

Win -- 1988 Fleer #582 Tim Flannery (15 votes)

Place -- 1992 Topps #581 Stan Javier (4 votes)

Show -- 2012 Topps #584 Daric Barton (3 votes)

Surfer dude Tim Flannery obliterated the competition last week, garnering eleven more votes (including mine) than his closest competitor. The 29 total tallies, however, were the lowest turnout we've seen in a long time, and a ten-vote dip from the week before.

It seems kind of counterintuitive, but voting has dipped whenever there's been a seemingly "obvious" winner on the page lately. Either way, I encourage people to vote every single week, because the more votes we get, the more fun I have composing these frankenset polls.

You never know when the "obvious" card might not be so obvious after all.




But that's enough of me whining for one post.

I don't see an obvious winner on this week's page, so hopefully that'll get a few more readers to hit the polls.

Let's meet the nine new nominees.



1993 Donruss #586 Joe Oliver

Why does "Wipeout" play in my head every time I see this card?



2011 Topps #587 J.P. Arencibia

A tip of the cap for the hometown crowd. 



2004 Topps Total #588 Rene Reyes

I demand the highest of fives.



1992 Donruss #589 Jose Tolentino

The rare "pinch hitter" position listing.



1990 Upper Deck #590 Andy Allanson

This strikes me as one of the more dramatic cards I own. 



1994 Collector's Choice #591 Spike Owen

Double dipping with Collector's Choice. 



1988 Donruss #592 Curt Wilkerson

You'll break a finger bunting like that. 



1993 Score #593 Robby Thompson

It's not easy turning two with the runner barreling down on you like that.



2014 Topps #594 Justin Maxwell

This week's page closes out with some postgame mischief in horizontal form.

The polls are now on the sidebar.

Happy voting!

4 comments:

Tony L. said...

There is definitely no obvious choice here. I'm not sure if my vote wouldn't change from day to day this week.

Brian said...

Joe Oliver: breakdancer

BobWalkthePlank said...

I like the Oliver.

Unknown said...

I asked myself. How do you think Joe Oliver felt the first time he eyeballed his card? I mean getting brushed back is bad enough... but to be immortalized for it?