Monday, February 6, 2012

Please Mr. Postman (A trade post) -- The generosity amazes me


I came home from school today to find my mailbox packed with 2012 Topps goodness.

Most of the packages were from trades I made on a trading board I'm on, but the crown jewel of the packages was from William over at "Foul Bunt".

William had sent me an email after he saw I was following his blog a few days ago. (I can't believe it took me so long to discover it, it's a fantastic blog!)

After a couple emails back and forth, we began to discuss a possible trade. I gave him a list of the 2012 Topps inserts I needed.

I wasn't able to help out too much with his needs, but he offered to send me all the 2012 Topps inserts he had for me anyways.

As I've said before, it seems to me that everyone in the blogosphere has a genuine interest in helping out other fellow bloggers with their needs. Like I told William via email, I guess I'm too used to the BV-for-BV trades on the trading boards I'm on, because I was scrambling around to find something, anything from his needs when we were talking about a trade to "even it out". But he said no worries, I'll send you the cards anyways.

The "I'll send you these now, just get me back later" type of attitude between bloggers has really caught my attention since my entrance into the blogging community. BV-for-BV trades are fine by me, but it's always great to see looser attitudes when it comes to swapping cards.

William was nice enough to send me a total of 37 different 2012 Topps inserts I needed. 37! (Unintentional "Clerks" reference for anyone who's seen that flick.)

The '87 Topps Mini inserts are my favorite from the Topps flagship set in a long time. They remind me of the other "throwback" Topps sets like Archives and Fan Favorites.




I'm not a huge fan of the "Golden Moments" inserts, but that doesn't mean I won't go after ones of guys I collect.

Any Roger Maris card I don't already have is always welcome in my collection!




I haven't seen the "Gold Standard" insert set get a lot of love. Next to the '87 minis, it's my favorite insert set from 2012 Topps.

I love any card of Tom Seaver, especially one that features him in a White Sox uniform.




As if sending me all those 2012 Topps inserts wasn't enough, William also sent me some other odds and ends that he thought I might like.

I'm loving that Chris Sale card. He's one of the few current rookies that I collect, and he plays for one of the hometown teams.




Are you kidding me? More stuff?!

The "Hollywood Walk of Fame" inserts from 2011 American Pie are among my favorites of the entire 2011 card season, baseball or non-baseball. I guess you could consider the Miles Davis one an "in-action" card as well.

And a Cognac Legend SP with the Robbie Alomar? It's all too much for me to take. (Chalk up another Beatles reference.)

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you William for all the great stuff! I'll be sure to look for some hits to your needs at the card show I'll be attending this weekend.

Yes, readers, my first card show post will be happening this weekend, as an early birthday present from my mom. So get ready, 'cause I'm excited!

Again, thanks so much to both William and the entire blogging community!

It's been a fantastic first couple of months, to say the least.

4 comments:

Robert said...

You'll find that the majority of bloggers have this kind of mentality, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (well almost...)

BV in our world is kind of meh...

Kev said...

great Clerks reference, btw! Try not to get any more inserts on the way through the parking lot!

William Regenthal said...

You're quite welcome. Anything I can do to help. Love the Clerks reference, one of my favorite movies. When you start quoting Aliens or Big Lebowski, though, you better watch out haha. Again, glad you liked all the stuff.

Play at the Plate said...

The first price guide I got as a kid, back around 1983, ruined trading for my friends and I. The blogosphere has brought back the fun in trading because most people don't care about BV and many of them hate Beckett anyway.