Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The most "interesting" autograph out there?


I bought the Chrome version of Jorge Cantu's 2000 Bowman Draft rookie at Saturday's card show. (Chrome cards don't scan too well, so I'll show my copy of his base RC instead.)

I'm not exactly sure why I bought it as I don't really collect Cantu. Although I couldn't put my finger on what exactly it was, there was something I just liked about it.

I think I figured out what that "something" was while looking through my card show finds this afternoon.

The autograph. More specifically, the lack of it.




The entire right-hand sides of 2000 Bowman cards are pretty much reserved for facsimile autographs.

This was all Jorge Cantu gave us. That tiny little signature.

I originally though to myself, "This has to be one of the worst autographs I've ever seen."

But the more I look at it, the more I like it. From the close up, it looks to be fairly detailed. Perhaps Bowman accidentally shrunk Cantu's signature.

If that's actual size, then it's quite the accomplishment. How'd he put all that detail into that tiny space?

I haven't seen too many autographs over the years, but is the most interesting one I've come across.

1 comment:

'30-Year Old Cardboard said...

I met Cantu at a few Marlins events when he was with the team a few years ago. That is definitely his signature, but I don't know why it is so small on this card...