Friday, May 29, 2020

Free Card Friday #2


Another Friday, more free cards!

Everything in this post is up for grabs (including the above Expos trio) to anyone who wants them. Guidelines for the claiming process is all detailed in the first Free Card Friday post. Also, if you're not a regular trade partner of mine, please email your mailing address to me at nickpecucci AT gmail DOT com.

I've already ordered some stamps and hope to start getting these out sometime next week -- if you'd like to keep on building a stack past then (I plan on doing these posts for the foreseeable future) I'd be glad to do that for you.

And so, without further ado, here's what's on the block this week.



Page #1


Notes: Early '90s Baseball Card Magazine inserts (the Expos trio at the top of the post is also a BCM card).



Page #2


Notes: Minor league cards, past and (relatively) present.



Page #3


Notes: All of these are '70 OPCs -- the one in the middle is an Expos team card (note the tinted back & French text!). Not in the greatest shape, but not terrible either. I also have quite a few more of these if there's a specific team you're looking for.



Page #4


Notes: The staple of any good dime box...random stuff! Chavez is an X-Fractor, Ibanez is one of those retail-only Heritage black parallels from what seems like forever ago.



Page #5


Notes: Star power! Alomar is the infamous Devil Rays zero-year sighting, Fidrych is a sunset card.

That's it for this Free Card Friday -- claim away!

32 comments:

Chris said...

Can I claim the Robbie Alomar Rays card, Trout, and Doug Rader? Set these aside for a while if you'd like. I suppose I'll claim more in the future. Thanks!

gcrl said...

good stuff nick! i'll request the 1970 opc expos card and the prism rickey please and thanks!

The Diamond King said...

Page 1, #5 and the expos at the top please!

Bo said...

Can I claim Brad Fischer, Marty Scott and Ken Holtzman? (2-7, 2-3 and 3-8). Thanks!

Brian said...

Nick, I would like to claim MN born Catcher Terry Steinbach from page 1. Thanks very much for offering up free cards!

Jeff S said...

Can I get Page 2, #5
and Page 5, #1?

Please and thank you.

Jeff S said...

and... Page 4, #5?

-fin-

Jeff S said...

(That's Ron Wasington, Satchel Paige, and Dock Ellis)

and that's enough comments from me. Sorry.

OhioTim said...

May I claim page 5 numbers 1, 4, 6 and 8 please?

OhioTim said...

I just saw the comments above mine, so I will take page 5 cards 4,6 and 8 please?

Trevor P said...

Can I claim Steinbach and Fidrych?

Shlabotnik Report said...

Wow, I thought I was getting here early in the process but there were already a bunch of comments!

I would like to claim two cards from Page 2, #2 and #8 (Sebra & LI Ducks Guy).

I promise that I will write about *why* Bob Sebra. :-D

The Angels In Order said...

May I claim
Page 1:6
Page 3:4
Page 4:4
Thank you!

Elliptical Man said...

Hey.

Page 3 - 7 and 9 please.

night owl said...

This gets confusing when you're like 16 comments in, so if I'm claiming something already taken, never mind.

I'll take 3-3 (Shamsky) and 4-9 (Red Rooster). Sad I missed out on the '82 Fleer Ryan.

Vrooomed said...

Hi, would it be possible for me to claim the Phillies in this post? (That would be Page 1: 2 & 8, Page 3: 2, Page 4: 3 & 6, I already have the Rose, so don't want that one.) Thanks! Dan

Nick said...

Trevor P. -- Steinbach is gone but The Bird is yours!

NO -- Red Rooster was already claimed, Shamsky is yours though!

Tim B. said...

Thanks for offering up such cool cardboard! Could I please claim page 4, #2(Khrush)? Feel free to hold off shipping for a while if it's easier.

Brett Alan said...

page 3, 6 (Harry Walker) and page 5, 2 (Ichiro)

With the former it's just cool to have a 1970 OPC...if you there's a Met you can send me instead, even better! (Even if it's in bad shape.) In any event, thanks!

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

3:1 and 3:7 if I am correct that they are still available. You can hold or send. Thanks Nick!!!

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Pride of New Ulm!

Nick said...

Jeff B. -- The OPC May was already claimed but the Stroud is yours (that was actually the last OPC available from that whole page!).

Adam said...

I would claim something but looks like the shelves have been stripped bare already!

In that case, I’ll just pop in and say Hi :)

acrackedbat said...

Fun selections here, Nick! I came along a bit too late. That's my typical m.o.

Adam Kaningher said...

I love shiny. I'd like Page 4 #1 the Chavez X-fractor, please.

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Sounds great!

shoeboxlegends said...

I’ll take that Alomar page 5 slot 7 if it’s available! Thanks!

GTT said...

It looks pretty impossible to figure out what hasn't been claimed yet, but if you have anything left from page 2 or page 3 I'd really apprectiate it.

Fuji said...

Wowza. You've got quite the comment log going on this post. I'd like to be the third person to put in a claim for that Steinbach ;D

Nick said...

Shane -- The Rays Alomar was already claimed, sorry!

GTT -- Everything from Page 3 is gone, but I still have the Hudler, Hart, Gladding & Seitzer from Page 2 are all available -- I'll start a stack for you w/those.

friend11 said...

found any bubble cards lately?

Jafronius said...

Hi Nick,

How about Page 4 #8? If still available, please add to the stack. Thanks!