Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Can you hear me now?


Hello?

Hello?

Can you hear me now?




[fuzz]

Hello? Steve?

Oh, yeah. I hear you now. I was wondering -- 

[fuzz]

Steve? You there?

[click]

Hold on, I have another call coming in.

Hello?

Hello?




Brian? Steve? It's Todd.

Brian?

Steve?

[fuzz]

Hello?




[fuzz]

Hello? Who is this? Who's there? It's Brett.

Hello? Hello?

I can't hear anything.

These damn fans behind me won't stop with the "Your Mama" jokes.




This is Eddie from the bullpen.




Eddie! For the millionth time, get off the line! No one invited you!

Steve? Brian? Todd? Anyo--

[click]




Is your refrigerator running?

Well, you better go catch it!




Papi, is that you again? 

It is, isn't it?!?!

[fuzz]

Papi?!

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!




Guys?

Guys?

Anyone?

[fuzz]




[silence]




Rickey's here.

Rickey's a Padre now.

Rickey's wearing sunglasses.

Rickey's got to have the most expensive phone.

Rickey's never losing his signal.

Rickey's -- 

[fuzz]




Rickey, shut up!

Is anyone there?

Anyone?




This is Cal.

Hello? 

[fuzz]

Steve? Brian? Manny, are you there? Mike? Rickey, you have to be there. No? Roberto?

IS ANYONE THERE?!

Stupid cell phones.

No one's ever going to use these things.

[hangs up]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I imagine a '90s cell phone conversation sounded like.

Can you tell I'm running out of post ideas?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post. This was an awesome read featuring some of my favorite cards. Cell phone cameos are by far and away my favorites in my What The? mini collection.

Robert said...

I have never seen that Roberto Alomar card.

Now I've gotta have it...

Brian said...

Awesome - one of my favorite phone cards is Kent Hrbek on the dugout phone. I assume he's ordering a pizza.

The Junior Junkie said...

I loved it.

Big Tone said...

I never realized that so many cards of baseball players holding telephones existed.Come to think about It,why do pitching coaches still use old school phones to call the bullpens?It's time to make the push for I Phones In the dugout ;) Calling the bullpen?There's an app for that.

Tim B. said...

This is SO hilarious Nick! Thanks for providing a laugh.

defgav said...

Haha, great post!

William Regenthal said...

Great post.

acrackedbat said...

brilliant post! what a laugher!