Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Ten years, The Eighth


I'm starting to realize that the big difference between collecting cards as a teenager and an adult is that I seem to fall behind on literally every facet of card collecting as an adult.

I'm hopelessly behind in filing cards away, mailing cards out, writing trade posts (or heck, writing any posts) - just one big uphill climb. Never really happened with my gobs of teenage time and energy. I've enjoyed these giveaway posts for many reasons, one of them being that they've forced me out of completely neglecting the blog and getting something up here at least once a week. And it hasn't felt like work - I've genuinely enjoyed picking cards to post, and seeing what people claim/don't claim. Giving cards away is a lot of fun.

Which is all just a long lead-in to this week's giveaway, complete with the above Gary Sanchez jersey card (#ed to 500, if that's something that sways you), as well as everything you'll find below.



Page 1


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 2


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 3


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 4


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 5


(Claimed: #s 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)



Page 6


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 7


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 8


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 9


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 10


(Entire page has been claimed!)

Claim away, my friends!

27 comments:

The Diamond King said...

Always fun! Can I get

Pg 2 - 3 Dunston
Pg 5 - 5 Thomas
Pg 5 - 6 Kingman
Pg 6 - 9 Strawberry
Pg 8 - 2 Pettis

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

sanchez relic
1-2, 8, 9
2-9
3-8
4-1
7-3
9-5
10-7

1st in hoo hoo

Bo said...

Can I claim
1-7 Nettles
3-4 Girardi
7-6 Duffy
8-7 Tanana
10-3 Woodruff

Thank you!

Crocodile said...

Page 3 - 2,3
Page 4 - 3
Page 7 -1

buckstorecards said...


Page 4 - Card 7 - Larry Walker
Page 6 - Card 3 - Yogi Berra
Page 9 - Card 2 - Al Oliver

Trevor P said...

Could claim cards
2.2 (Hubbell),
2.5 (Walker),
4.2 (Hunt),
4.5 (Baez),
7.5 (Roseboro)
please?

Dave said...

if available, i'll tAKE PAGE 1 #S 1,8 AND 9. PAGE 3 #S 2,6, 8 PAGE 4 #S 1, 3 AND 7 AND Pge 7 #1 1 and 9

The Turrdog said...

Arenado 10-4 please.

Awesome, thank you!

Elliptical Man said...

My collecting habits are definitely different from my youth phase. Might have to do a post on it.

Page 1 - 3
Page 6 - 8
Page 7 - 8
Page 8 - 4

Please.

Mike said...

Thanks once again for the generosity, Nick. If I could potentially claim the following cards, that would be amazing:

Page 2, #4 - R.Greer
Page 5, #9 - J.Olerud
Page 8, #9 - G.Springer
Page 9, #1 - B.Feller

bbcardz said...

Appreciate your generosity, Nick!

2 - 6 S. Jackson
4 - 7 C. Hunter
6 - 4 J. Torre
9 - 9 B. Buckner
10 - 6 G. Maddux
10 - 9 J. Bench

GTT said...

I'm glad you're enjoying these posts- it's sure been a ton of fun being on the receiving end.

1.5 Jeff Ronk
3.5 Solack
6.7 Smoky Bear Downing
8.1 Carlos Delgado
9.8 Can't read my handwriting
10.2 Tim Wakefield
10.5 Fidrych

Thanks!

DaddyMike said...

Hey Nick
I would like to claim
2-6 mccutchen
4-6 hamelin
6-5 reggie
9-3 taylor
Thanks!

Bo said...

Also i've added the Simmons Star Sticker to your pile so you can cross it off your dime box dozen!

Brett Alan said...

Assuming I haven't missed someone beating me to them:

Page 5, card 7 (Bobby Bo)
Page 10, card 1 (Kershaw)
Page 10, card 7 (Cooper)

Thanks yet again!

Metallattorney said...

I would like to claim Pg. 8, #6 (Dennis Bennett), please.

sg488 said...

Why collect if you are just giving your cards away?

The Turrdog said...

Back for a second dip!

2-7 Guerrero
6-1 Guerrero
10-8 Guerrero

Can't leave these Vlads behind. Thanks again!

gcrl said...

4-4 and 9-6 please and thanks!

Matt said...

I would like to claim:

Page 1, #4
Page 2, #8
Page 3, #9
Page 4, #8
Page 5, #3
Page 7, #4
Page 9, #7

Thank you!

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Hi Nick,
How about 8:5 (Puckett). Thanks!

Gerald Thompson said...

Thanks again Nick! I'll claim Page 3 #7 and Page 8 #8 if they're still available!

RJ Sahl said...

Thank you Nick!
I would like pg.3-1, pg.6-5, and pg.7-2 if they are available.
Thanks again, RJ

OhioTim said...

Thanks again for this giveaway. I am a little late this week and only see one card of interest. Page 7 card Jason Kipnis

Mike said...

They're doubles and he's nice?

Jafronius said...

Hey Nick,

If these are still around I could take them:

Page 2 - 1
Page 5 - 1, 8
Page 8 - 3
Page 9 - 4

Thanks sir!

Adam Kaningher said...

I'd like Page 6 #2 Abreu