Sunday, August 10, 2014

The dime box frankenset, Page 24: Numbers 208-216


Before we dive into today's frankenset post, let's take a look at the final tallies from last week's page.

Win -- 1993 Upper Deck #204 Mike Perez (14 votes)

Place -- 1995 UD Special Edition #202 Rod Beck (5 votes)

Show (tie) -- 1995 Pinnacle #203 Kurt Manwaring, 1998 Upper Deck #207 Andy Ashby (3 votes each)

The eerie Inception-like Mike Perez won in a landslide, taking nearly half of the 29 total tallies. I voted for Perez, so I agreed with the masses in this case.

I'll be adding a "Reigning Frankenset King" box to the sidebar to honor him and all the future frankenset victors.

On that note, let's get into today's page.




I'm betting that the voting for this page will be a lot closer than the last one.

Let's meet the nominees.



1999 Just #208 Scott Morgan

A minor league member of my "autograph" mini-collection.



1991 Score #209 Doug Dascenzo

The ever-rare position player on the mound.



2007 Bowman Heritage #210 Joe Smith

Take a ride on the Coney Island Ferris Wheel.



1991 Score #211 Greg Gagne

Double dip!



1997 Upper Deck #212 Otis Nixon

O Canada!



1997 Collector's Choice #213 Jason Thompson

Everybody's gone surfin'

Surfin' U.S.A.



1993 SP #214 Bip Roberts

Bip by the pond.



2012 Topps Update #US-215 Brian Bogusevic

Note the woman on the left holding a dog in this "at the wall" mini-collection hit.



1991 Studio #216 Steve Lake

Polly want a cracker?

Quite a few strong candidates here, I think.

The polls are now on the sidebar.

Go vote!

3 comments:

Robert said...

Steve Lake...hands down...or is that feathers up?

BobWalkthePlank said...

I agree with Robert. That is such a great card.

Marcus said...

Man, can't decide between an outfielder on the mound, the surfboard, or the dog. I'm partial to both the Thompson and the Bogusevic because I have both of them in my team/player collection. Decisions decisions...