Monday, December 7, 2020

Nine years


"Dime Boxes" turns nine today, but that can't be right because didn't I just start this blog a few weeks ago?

I feel like I say this every year around the blog's anniversary, but sometimes it seems like these nine years have gone by so fast...but then again sometimes it does feel like I've been doing this for a long time. I was still a teenager when I started this blog, barely out of high school. That's mind blowing to me. I had no inclinations towards writing then -- go back and read some of the first posts on this blog, if you must -- but talking about baseball cards was (and is) something I'd always wanted to do.

I wish I could say I had every intention of blogging for nine years when I started this blog, but truthfully I didn't. I thought I might do it for a few months, get bored, and move on to the next thing -- as teenagers so often do. But no: seeing people actually read my posts, and better yet, learning that some people collected and thought about cards the same way I did, sucked me in for good. It was a joy and an affirmation I never really got collecting in my own bubble. I blogged some more, and then people actually started sending me cards for absolutely nothing, and the rest is history.

Nine years later, and I'm still here, just as grateful for this universe of blogs as I was when I found it way back when. I don't blog nearly as much anymore -- I don't have the time and energy that teenagers have so much more of -- but make no mistake, the blogs are still my happy place. It gives me great joy to carve out some time to write a post these days, and in the end, I'm still every bit as entertained by the blogosphere as I was nine years ago.

I can honestly say my life changed the day I decided to start this blog, and I have all of you wonderful readers to thank for that -- so whether you've been here since the beginning, or if you're new to the blog, I thank you so, so much for reading.

23 comments:

gcrl said...

Congrats Nick! Hoping for many more years.

acrackedbat said...

Yours is a staple in my diet of blogs! Thank you for sticking around!

Jeremya1um said...

Congrats on 9 years! You are one of the best!

The Diamond King said...

Super glad you are here. Definitely a positive force in the blog world.

night owl said...

Congrats on sticking around. When I was a teenager, I wrote down my thoughts and they were read by ... no one!

Pretty crazy how things developed.

Mike said...

Proud of you and happy you have a tribe of good eggs in the blogosphere..keep up the stellar work.. and keep on mentioning me,haha!

Fuji said...

Happy anniversary Nick! Been a fan of your blog ever since I started reading it.

Sean said...

Congrats on 9 years! Its a great blog.

POISON75 said...

NICK-
Congrats on your blog turning 9 years old. If I had your patience & age to do a blog it would just be more as Greg from The Collective Mind would say have a lot of stuff that people would say he knows way way too much about baseball. I felt honored with you taking the time to talk about my package that I sent you earlier this year. I hope that I can find more stuff for you in the future as well hopefully you can find some of my needs. Once again congratulations on 9 years of blogging.

SumoMenkoMan said...

Whoop. Congrats on 9 years!

shoeboxlegends said...

Happy Blog Anniversary, Nick! Looking forward to the next nine years!

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Congrats Nick. Thanks for the years.

Matt said...

Happy Anniversary! Here's to 9 more years of great posts!

gregory said...

Well done, Nick! That's quite an accomplishment. Looking forward to year #10.

sg488 said...

Congrats ,always enjoy reading your blog.

Bo said...

Nine great years! Hears to many more. Congrats on the anniversary and thanks for all the great reading. I don't always leave a comment but I read and enjoy each post.

Jon said...

Happy 9th, Nick! I've probably only been reading your stuff for about half of those nine years, your posts never disappoint, and your abilities with the written word are always enviable.

Adam said...

Happy anniversary Nick! I've said this before but finding your blog is one of the reasons I started blogging about cards several years ago. Cheers to several more years my friend!

Jafronius said...

I'll admit / agree with you in that the early years the posts weren't the greatest, but there was potential and enthusiasm, and I'm glad you kept going, and therefore improving. Congrats on the 9 years!

GTT said...

Happy 9 years! That's a long time blogging.

defgav said...

Keep up the great work, Nick!

Chris said...

A belated happy blogging anniversary to you, and congrats on sticking it out for nine years. You definitely found your niche!

unknow said...

ooking for the best place to buy Psychedelics muhsrooms , MDMA ( molly ) , coke , lsd , pills, cystal meth, exotics vapes, carts and more others online at natural meds online shop

Click below for purchase

buy pure bio cocaine online

buy pure colombian coke online

buy crack cocaine online