Saturday, May 20, 2017

Frankenset redux, Page 3: Numbers 19-27


I don't blame you if you don't remember it, but here are the results of the last frankenset page I showed over five long months ago.

Win -- 2016 Stadium Club #17 Raul Mondesi (8 votes)

Place (tie) -- 2000 Topps Gallery #12 Ray Lankford, 1991 Topps #13 Mariano Duncan (6 votes each)

Show -- 1994 Topps #15 Jay Bell (5 votes)

That's right: after a lengthy delay, I've decided to bring back my weekly frankenset posts. With baseball season in full swing, and with enough time having elapsed since the big bracket I held for the Inaugural Dime Box Frankenset, I think the time's right to resume voting on the Frankenset Redux binder.

With Mondesi's victory, that's two pages down and 72 to go.




For those of you who weren't around and/or don't remember how my frankenset posts worked, here's a refresher.

Since completing my first one, I've recently compiled a second Dime Box Frankenset, filled with fun cards from numbers 1-666 with cards featuring players who aren't "binder guys" for me (that is, those who aren't included in my individual team binders). Fun cards are fun for many reasons: they can include mini-collection hits, expert action shots, or just plain quirkiness.

Each week, I'll display a new page from the frankenset. All I ask of you, the reader, is to simply go over the nine cards provided and vote for your favorite on the poll on the sidebar of this blog. I'll announce the prior week's winner each Saturday before introducing the new frankenset page. Each winner will get immortalized in the "Gallery of Frankenset Champions" tab and will be subsequently included in the Frankenset Bracket I'll hold once all 74 pages have been shown (which is, admittedly, a long, long time from now).

Now, without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to open the polls once again with Page #3 of the Dime Box Frankenset, Redux.



1992 Stadium Club #19 Tom Foley

The bluest baseball card that ever was. 



1982 TCMA Edmonton Trappers #20 Rusty Kuntz

When Rusty Kuntz was a Trapper (I couldn't say that with a straight face, either). 



1986 TCMA AC Yankees #21 Eric Schmidt

Eric Schmidt giving some lessons to the local youth on our second consecutive TCMA oddball.



1992 Studio #22 Rob Dibble

Seriously, bro? 



1994 Stadium Club #23 Matt Nokes

High-fives all around (and a batboy cameo!). 



1995 Stadium Club #24 Julian Tavarez

This is why Stadium Club rules. 



2016 Stadium Club #25 Chris Archer

Sup? 



1992 Studio #26 Jose Rijo

Jose Rijo displaying his ticket to the gun show.



1996 Upper Deck #27 Gary DiSarcina

We close with a classic double dip.

There you have it: the frankenset is back! The polls are now on the sidebar.

Happy voting!

4 comments:

acrackedbat said...

i'm working on a fun binder too. It'll be cool to see your selections!!

Media Burger said...

Dibble Studio

Mike said...

Hey!..glad its back!!

Matt said...

I vote for Julian Tavarez and his almost vertical line of seeds!