Sunday, August 24, 2014

The dime box frankenset, Page 26: Numbers 226-234


Last week's frankenset voting was the nail-biter I'd been waiting for.

Win -- 1994 Upper Deck Minors #217 Oscar Munoz (5 votes)

Place (tie) -- 1994 Stadium Club #218 Kirt Manwaring, 2013 Sega Card-Gen #225 David DeJesus (4 votes each)

Show (tie) -- 1994 Collector's Choice #219 Jose Offerman, 1994 Collector's Choice #221 Greg Olson, 2014 Topps #224 Michael Saunders (3 votes each)

We had a few less votes than usual, but that sure didn't stop things from getting exciting. I myself voted for the violent Jose Offerman "double dip", but six of the nine cards received at least three of the 23 total tallies.

A late Saturday vote gave Oscar Munoz (and that unfortunate catcher) the slim victory.

After such an intense week of voting, I can't wait to reveal the next nine nominees.




Let's try and get those vote numbers back to where they were a couple weeks ago.

A little click on the sidebar is all I ask. Your tallies make a difference!

Sorry if I sounded a little like a politician there.

Let's hope this week's polls go right down to the wire as well.



2014 Topps #226 Sean Doolittle

It's hard for me to root against the Angels, but I'm hoping the A's once again Own The West in 2014. 



1995 Topps #227 Wayne Kirby

Topps' attempt at the multiple-exposure fad.



1993 Stadium Club #228 Rick Wilkins

You won't see collisions like this one in baseball anymore. 



2009 Upper Deck #229 Michael Cuddyer

Mr. Cuddyer handing an autographed copy of what looks to be his 2004 Topps card to a lucky fan. 



1994 Collector's Choice #230 Tony Phillips

Double dip!



2014 Topps #231 J.R. Murphy

The second "play at the plate" of this page, and a much less painful one at that. 



1992 Stadium Club #232 Andy Van Slyke

Slide, Van Slyke, slide! 



1993 Stadium Club #233 Jose Rijo

The rare pitcher at the plate/backwards hat combo. 



1995 Collector's Choice Special Edition #234 Alex Fernandez

I told that guy not to take pictures of me!

The only "say the magic word" card I own that features arguments on the front and back.

You know the drill by now. The polls are on the sidebar.

Happy voting!

2 comments:

BobWalkthePlank said...

Love the Van Slyke!

Anonymous said...

That Van Slyke card is awesome! I just added it to my wantlist, and I wonder if the "Tim Wallach blog guy" counts that as part of his collection (he should).