Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The (Second) Dime Box Frankenset, Page 26: Numbers 226-234


Frankenset Page #70 WINNER -- 1993 Topps #623 Al Martin (8 votes)

Last week probably gave us the closest race we've seen yet.

Al Martin's eight votes (of 31 total) were barely enough to squeak out a victory, edging out both Tommy Milone and Larry Haney/Dave Duncan (7 votes each) by a single tally for the crown.

I can't say I was expecting Martin to take last week's page (my money was on Milone), but the more surprises the better when it comes to the frankenset, right?




We've got a much lower-numbered page this week -- the Random Number Generator spit out #26, which means we'll be taking a look at that page (#s 226-234) here tonight.

Let's meet the hopefuls.



1979 Topps #226 Ron Pruitt

Up close and personal. 



2016 Topps Update #US227 Aaron Sanchez

Fan interaction at the Midsummer Classic.



2014 Topps #228 Jayson Werth

Made you look! 



2009 Upper Deck #229 Michael Cuddyer

For the autograph hounds. 



1993 Upper Deck #230 Gary DiSarcina

A superb batting cage shot (though the back might be even better). 



1973 Topps #231 Bill Parsons

As if you needed any more reasons why '73 Topps rules. 



1991 Stadium Club #232 Melido Perez

White Sox throwbacks are still probably my favorite throwbacks. 



1973 Topps #233 Ed Kirkpatrick

More wonderful action from '73 Topps. 



2004 Fleer Tradition #234 Brooks Kieschnick

Brooks Kieschnick, pitcher and pinch-hitter extraordinaire.

That just about does it for this week's page -- the polls are now on the sidebar.

Happy voting!

9 comments:

acrackedbat said...

not an easy one Nick! I was torn but went with Pruitt.

Mark Hoyle said...

I went with Pruitt as well

P-town Tom said...

I chose the Disarcina for the front AND the back! Thanks for the link!

Rebel Coyote said...

I go with Jayson Werth because he really hated it

The Shlabotnik Report said...

Ever since I was a kid my eye was drawn to how thin Bill Parsons looks on that card. Oh, no, it's The Slender Man!!!!

Matt said...

DiSarcina has two great pictures - that makes this one easy!

Fuji said...

Gotta go with the well-cropped action shot. Parson gets my vote.

Mike said...

Man,tough!...gonna have to think on this one!

Nick Vossbrink said...

Pruitt just might be my favorite card in the 1979 set.