Friday, September 7, 2018

The (Second) Dime Box Frankenset, Page 10: Numbers 82-90


Frankenset Page #45 WINNER: 1993 Pinnacle #404 Bob Zupcic (16 votes)

One of the many things I enjoy about my frankenset is that it never ceases to surprise me.

Going into last week's page, I really didn't give much mind to Bob Zupcic. A fun card, yes, but great enough to defeat the likes of '73 Topps and plays at the plate? Shows what I know: Zupcic obliterated the competition last week, taking 16 of the 31 total tallies and setting an early record for the most votes for a single card in this second frankenset.

Into the Frankenset Gallery of Champions he goes.




Do more surprises await this week?

Time will tell, but first let's meet the random number generator's latest pick of the litter, Page 10 (#s 82-90) from the frankenset (yay, another low-numbered page!).



2016 Stadium Club #82 Blake Swihart

A fine view at Fenway.



1999 Stadium Club #83 Darryl Hamilton

Ivy, everywhere ivy. 



2018 Stadium Club #84 Nicky Delmonico

Completing the Stadium Club trifecta with this nifty Sox throwback.



2015 Gypsy Queen #85 Jon Singleton

Technicolor throwback!



1992 Studio #86 Jose Lind

My one and only baseball card featuring a sword.



1993 UD Fun Pack #87 Brett Butler

Enlarged lumber. 



1991 ProCards Tomorrow's Heroes #88 Otis Green

One of my personal favorite minor league cards. 



1992 Leaf #89 Mike Greenwell

Batboy cameo! 



2012 Topps #90 Adron Chambers

It's fun to stay at the Y...M-C-A

There you have it: the polls are now on the sidebar.

Happy voting!

7 comments:

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Toughie, sword or big bat, hmm.

Mike said...

I'd like to know the story behind that sword picture!

P-town Tom said...

I really like the minor league Mudville card.
When I first glanced at the Swihart card I thought the photo was taken at Wrigley.

Matt said...

This may be the toughest one yet! Had to go with the sword though - such an odd prop for a baseball card!

Fuji said...

Hamilton is featured on my favorite action shot. But I went with the sword, b/c it's different.

JediJeff said...

How to to vote between Lind and Butler?

Oh, I know - you just don't vote this week.

Adam Kaningher said...

Always tough for me to pull a vote away from a Rockie, but that Butler card has been in my collection for as long as I can remember.