Friday, December 7, 2012

A year of blogging in the books


It gives me tremendous pleasure to announce the following...

Today is the one year anniversary of this blog!

I'm still having trouble grasping the fact that I've been doing this blogging thing for a whole year now. It seems like I just started a couple weeks ago.

My writing sure has improved since that first post, I'll tell you that. In fact, I was just reading through some of my older posts earlier today.

I still can't believe that was actually me writing some of that stuff. Safe to say, my writing tactics have sure gotten better over the past year.

When I first started this blog, all I wanted was to have my voice heard about certain topics pertaining to the hobby. Vintage, card shows, and, of course...

Dime boxes.

I feel that I've undoubtedly succeeded with my writings in that department.

However, I'm not sure if I'd still be blogging today if I was simply writing about baseball cards on a day-in, day-out basis.

Something else is the real culprit for keeping me around these parks for a full year.

The people.

There's a reason I've saved all the great little notes I've received from my trades over the past year, a fraction of which you see at the top of this post.

They're a fantastic reminder of just how great the people around here are.

As far as I'm concerned, the notes are just as special as the cards that come with them.

They never fail to put a smile on my face.

Every single blogger and/or reader has been nothing short of gracious to me during my time in the blogosphere. Had I not had any readership, comments, or encouragement in the early stages of this blog, I probably would've hung 'em up a while ago.

Needless to say, I'm glad I stuck with it.

But I would've never done it without your support.

Because of that, I'd just like to say thanks for one truly awesome year.

Whether you've been reading since the beginning or just found this blog yesterday, I wholeheartedly appreciate every single person who has taken time out of their day to go through my writings.

Although I've never met any of you face-to-face, I can honestly say that I belong to one of the best communities in existence.

The blogging community.

So, here's to another year of "Dime Boxes"!

I'm already looking forward to seeing what it has in store.

12 comments:

The Diamond King said...

I for one, am glad you are here! Keep up the great work.

Dennis said...

Congrats on your first year!

Greg Zakwin said...

congrats on a year!

night owl said...

Happy 365 in the books!

You're a vet now.

arpsmith said...

Congrats on hitting the year mark! I appreciate your blog - it is one of the best.

Hackenbush said...

Happy one year!. Glad you're having fun. You never cease to amaze me with the great cards you find.

Robert said...

Nick, congrats on your 1 year anniversary. Keep up the great writing!!

eltoro2012 said...

Always a great read!

CaptKirk42 said...

Happy Anniversary! They say the first year is the hardest for a newlywed couple... Oops wrong anniversary speech. Congrats on your finishing your Rookie year of blogging.

William Regenthal said...

Congratulations man. I saw one of my notes up there, which was cool. I also save all of mine. Your blog is definitely one of the best and I'm glad you are enjoying your time here. Here's to many more years of blogging to come.

jacobmrley said...

Well done and congrats, man. Your blog helped inspire mine (since the dime box themes was one of my ideas and you took it:)

Ana Lu said...

Congrats! Keep it up ;)