Monday, July 4, 2016

The dime box frankenset, Page 19: Numbers 163-171


I almost had to invoke the slaughter rule last week.

Win -- 1984 Fleer #158 Roy Lee Jackson (21 votes)

Place -- 2015 Stadium Club #160 Elvis Andrus (8 votes)

Show -- 1997 Upper Deck #154 Mickey Morandini (3 votes)

I suppose it's just a happy accident that the anthem-singing Roy Lee Jackson becomes our latest frankenset champion on this, the 4th of July. He cruised to the crown by collecting 21 of the 35 total tallies last week.

Though it would be nearly impossible to determine such a thing, Roy Lee might just be my favorite card in this entire frankenset, so you know he got my vote.




I can't promise anything as special as a ballplayer singing the National Anthem, but we still have a nice crop of new nominees on today's special Independence Day page.

Let's meet this week's nine.



2015 Stadium Club #163 CJ Wilson

Having some fun with the fans in Anaheim. 



1996 Leaf #164 Kurt Abbott

Turning two at Wrigley. 



2015 Topps Heritage #165 Kennys Vargas

There aren't many Heritage cards in this frankenset, but I just couldn't keep this one out. 



1972 Topps #166 Chris Speier IA

Double dipping in the way only vintage can. 



2014 Stadium Club #167 Domonic Brown

A behind-the-scenes look at the postgame frenzy. 



1994 UD Fun Pack #168 Carlos Garcia

A stellar bunting-throwback combo. 



1996 Upper Deck #169 Darren Daulton

Some family fun with the Phils. 



2007 SP Rookie Edition #170 Brandon Morrow

I'm more of a winter person than a summer person, so this card definitely resonates with me. 



2000 Ultra #171 Jose Offerman

We close with a double play in front of the Green Monster.

The polls are now on the sidebar.

Happy voting, and I hope all of you out there have a safe and relaxing Independence Day!

4 comments:

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

back to back (AJ) Braves again, love it, but going with CJ instead of AJ

sg488 said...

Got to go with Speier,a great action shot at Candlestick Park.

Mike said...

I remember laughing my ass off when you showed me that card last year...VARGUS!

Brett Alan said...

Best week yet. The Abbott and Garcia cards are very nice, but I too have to go with Speier.