Thursday, January 13, 2022

Ten years, The Sixth


It seems like every other post on my Twitter feed lately involves people debating about whether or not the Bowman's Best Wander Franco is his TRUE ROOKIE CARD.

My gut reaction - and forgive me if this sounds crass and/or curmudgeonly - is WHO CARES? I really can't understand why people are spending large portions of their day thinking & arguing about this when there's so many other fun topics to be addressed in the card world. And not to mention when literally hundreds of thousands of other (and mostly better) cards out there begging for attention. 

No Wanders in this week's giveaway, but I do have this sheet of Chicago Tribune oddballs up for grabs (note the corner damage to poor Henry Blanco) that's been sitting in the deepest depths of my closet for the last 13 years, as well as everything else below.



Page 1


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 2


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)



Page 3


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 4


(Claimed: #s 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)



Page 5


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9)



Page 6


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 7


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 8


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 9


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 10


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Claim away!

26 comments:

Jon said...

George Foster pg.2
Ichiro and Bo pg.7
Ted Kluszewski pg.9
Larry Walker pg.10

Thank you in advance!

The Diamond King said...

Geez, you have some really wide ranging cards! I do love the Tribune cards, but I will leave them for a team collector. I'd love these:

1-3 Guerrero
2-6 Grienke
4-5 Lankford
6-6 Carlson
7-6 Jackson

Thanks!

buckstorecards said...

Page 2, Card 2 - Mets team
Page 6, Card 5 -Stargell
Page 10, Card 1 - Walker|

GTT said...

I'd like 1.2 and 8.6 before I go to track practice. Will claim more tonight., Thanks!

Shlabotnik Report said...

Ooh, I get to join in on the fun!

Please and thank you...
Page 4, #6 (Podres)
Page 5, #5 (Perry)
Page 10, #6 (Build on my budding Yoshi collection)

And I've actually seen Tres Barrera (5,7) play, but I don't think that's enough for me to want his auto :-D

Brett Alan said...

Would enjoy:

Page 1, card 8 (Dr. K)
Page 2, card 1 (Cutch)
Page 4, card 8 (Trout)
Page 8, card 7 (Felix)

Thanks yet again!

Bo said...

Can I claim:
1-5 Reggie
3-7 Schefsky
5-1 Ray
6-1 '89 World Series
9-1 Sanders
9-8 Rose

Thanks again!

night owl said...

Let's see, what's left:

1-5: Reggie
2-9: Santo
9-6: Garner

Thanks, Nick.

Jordan said...

Page 4 #1, Jenkins
Page 4 #9, Killebrew
Page 8 #2, Ozzie
Page 8 #8, Maddux

thanks again!

Elliptical Man said...

Page 2 - 8
Page 3 - 4
Page 5 - 9
Page 6 - 4
Page 10 - 9

Please.

OhioTim said...

I am interested in the following please:

Page 1 card 1 Mays
Page 5 card 5 Perry
Page 7 card 1 Ruth 3 Murray
Page 8 card 2 Smith 3 Lindor

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

page 6-8
page 9-5

Tony Hudnell said...

thanks for doing this! if still available, will take the following:

page 2 slot 7
page 3 slot 2
page 6 slot 8
page 7 slot 1
page 7 slot 8
page 9 slot 2

i emailed you my details for the first giveaway. i'll forward that email again for you. thanks! tony hudnell

gcrl said...

Generous as always!

GTT said...

I'd like:

3.8 Josh Hamilton
5.2 Bobby Meacham
5.3 Casey Parsons
5.8 Jim Abbott
8.4 Ron Swoboda

Thanks! I really appreciate this.

Mike said...

Thanks once again for the generosity, Nick. If the following are still available to be claimed, I would be interested in each.

Page 8, #1 - R.Halladay
Page 9, #4 - S.Brosius
Page 10, #5 - J.Bagwell

Fuji said...

Page 1, #9 - Mel Ott

Thanks Nick!

Jupiterhill said...

I agree about the Franco stuff on Twitter. What I don't get is if people are set builders, they'll want the card. If they are team collectors, they'll want the card. If they PC Franco, they'll want the card. So why does it matter what is his true rookie? It seems the only ones that would care is the ones trying to make money on the card, which most collectors don't care about.

The Turrdog said...

6 - 9 Yelich Bowman Chrome
7 - 9 Rizzo
9 - 3 Snell

Thanks again, a little late to the party today!

Matt said...

Please and thank you:

1 - 3 (Boyd)
1 - 4 (Hammering Hank)
1 - 7 (Cooper)
3 - 1 (Williams)
6 - 3 (Wood)
7 - 2 (Remy)
9 - 9 (Carlton)

You're awesome!

RJ Sahl said...

Hi Nick!
I would like pg. 2-4 pg. 3-3,5 pg. 5-7 pg. 6-7 pg. 7-5 pg. 10-8
Thanks again! RJ

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Hey Nick,
I'll take Page 4:7 (Joe Coleman)

Thanks!!!

DaddyMike said...

4-4 joker franco to add to my joker collection
6-2 chuck klein
10-2 bob horner boardwalk and baseball

Jafronius said...

Hey Nick, if these are still around I can take them:

Page 3 - 6, 9
Page 7 - 7
Page 8 - 5
Page 10 - 7

Thanks!

Gerald Thompson said...

Hey Nick, I'll claim Page 5 #4 and Page 8 #9 if no one else has yet!
Thanks!

Mike Matson said...

Saw a few here.
P2 3
P4 3
P5 6