Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Ten years, The Seventh


Last night, I found out a card I have - and one I'm not particularly attached to - is worth a small fortune.

I've been a fan of Max Scherzer since he broke into the bigs, and at some point I either pulled or traded for a gold parallel of his 2008 Topps Update rookie. It's sat in my binders ever since, and with card prices the way they are I decided to check and see what it's going for these days...and needless to say I almost ran to my binders to throw mine on there in hopes of scoring a major windfall to my card budget. (If/when I sell the gold parallel, I've still got the base version which is all that matters to me.)

Anywho, that Chicago Tribune card page I posted in my last giveaway is still up for grabs if anyone wants it, as well as this Rennie Stennett disc (with a small crease on the right side that didn't show up in the scan) and everything you'll find below.



Page 1


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 2


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9)



Page 3


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 4


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9)



Page 5


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9)



Page 6


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)



Page 7


(Entire page has been claimed!)



Page 8


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9)



Page 9


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)



Page 10


(Claimed: #s 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Claim away!

25 comments:

buckstorecards said...

Page 4, Card 4 Carter
Page 7, Card 6 Vladdy
SVP

Mike said...

Thanks once more for the generosity, Nick. If it is possible to claim the following cards, I'd greatly appreciate it:

- Page 7, #3 (T.Lincecum)
- Page 7, #7 (B.Zito)
- Page 7, #9 (J.Abbott)
- Page 8, #4 (Y.Darvish)

Bo said...

Can I claim:
3-7 Rose
4-8 Robinson
4-9 Lima
5-1 Brown
5-6 SSPC Phil
7-8 SSPC Phil
9-7 Rose
Thank you!

Metallattorney said...

Hello, I'd like to claim Page 2, #8 Jim Rice.

Laurens said...

4-3 if available - thanks

Elliptical Man said...

Another good batch.

Page 1 - 3
Page 2 - 7
Page 6 - 8
Page 10 - 2

Please.

The Diamond King said...

Hey! Can I add these to my stack?

4-1 Jeter
5-9 Abrams
10-7 Gonzalez

Thanks!

GTT said...

I'd like the following:

0.1 Rennie Stennett
1.1 73 T Ron Bryant
4.1 Derek Jeter
5.3 mini Gwynn
8.1 John Jaha
8.8 Pacific Eckersley

Thanks!

Mike said...

Cool on the Scherzer.. can ya lend me 10!? Haha!!

Spoiler alert.. I looked all over to find some cool food co. cards for your birthday bag,but found nothing like that cool Gates Brown, so you're not getting any! Ha!

OhioTim said...

Thank you again for this giveaway. This week I would like to claim:

Page 2 card 9 Plank
Page 3 card 9 Ott
Page 2 card 2 Matthewson, card 9 English

Jordan said...

Page 2, #4 Parker
Page 5, #7, Cutch
Page 6, #8, Hoffman

thanks again!

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

2:3 Mcgraw
7:4 Piazza
8:7 Ryan
10:1 Joss

Thanks Nick!

Brett Alan said...

Page 1, card 2 (Seaver)
Page 2, card 3 (McGraw)
Page 4, card 5 (Brett)
Page 6, card 6 (PĂ©rez)
Page 9, card 6 (Grote)

Best batch for me yet! Thanks!

DaddyMike said...

1-4 ruiz
1-5 mantle
1-6 jckson
7-1 anderson
8-3 blue
9-4 halladay
Thanks!!

Fuji said...

That Scherzer is a very cool find. It's always cool to stumble across a card in your collection that's selling for $500.

Adam Kaningher said...

I'd like these three:

Page 1 #8 Vina
Page 6 #7 Zimmer
Page 8 #9 Dawson

RJ Sahl said...

Hi Nick,
I would like the following if available.
pg. 4-2
pg. 6-1
pg. 7-5
pg. 10-8 & 10-9
Thanks again! RJ

night owl said...

Lol, 17 comments by the time I see this. I've been busy!

1-6 (Jackson)
3-4 (Sample)
5-2 (Schultz)
5-4 (Wilhelm)
9-6 (Grote)

I also recently discovered a card going for big bucks that I received several years ago for free! But there's no way I sell it.

The Turrdog said...

3-8 Posey
6-3 Guerrero Jr

Thank you once again!

Tony Hudnell said...

claiming the following!

1,9
3,8
4,2
6,6
8,2
8,3
10,8

thanks. you should already have my info in prior email. you are awesome for doing these giveaways!

Matt said...

Awesome that you have that gold parallel to sit on. I'll claim the following:

Page 3, #1 (Johnson) #2 (Schmidt) #3 (Roberts)
Page 7, #2 (Thomas)
Page 8, #6 (Tekulve)
Page 9, #5 (Doby) #8 (English)
Page 10, #3 (Eckersley), #5 (Red Sox)

Thanks again!

Gerald Thompson said...

Hi Nick, I'll claim the following:

-Pg. 2 #1 and 2
-Pg. 3 #6
-Pg. 6 #2

Thanks!

Salgado said...

I'll claim 3.5, 5.5. Thanks!

Jafronius said...

Hey Nick,

If available, may I claim the following:

Page 1 - 7
Page 2 - 5
Page 4 - 7
Page 6 - 5, 9
Page 9 - 1, 9
Page 10 - 6

I could also take the Tribune card Page from you as well if it's still around. Might as well keep it in the state!

Thanks again!

Mike Matson said...

I don't know if you're still taking claims, but page 5, card 8 would fit my Expos project nicely