Friday, December 14, 2018

Winner, winner, chicken dinner


It's the moment you've all been waiting for: time to announce the winner of my seven-year anniversary contest!

Also, for no reason other than to drag the suspense out a bit, here's a list of my seven favorite players who wore #7 for the vast majority of their career:

1) Kenny Lofton
2) Mickey Mantle
3) Joe Mauer
4) Steve Yeager
5) Craig Biggio
6) Ed Kranepool
7) Mark DeRosa

Thus, from our pool of 45 entries, the winner of my Loftonian Anniversary Contest is...




...Nick Vossbrink, who will always have a place in my heart and my collection for sending me the only card I've ever seen of Goose Gossage as a Giant.

Nick: feel free to either DM me on Twitter @dimeboxman or email me at nickpecucci AT sbcglobal DOT net for stuff you collect -- I'll add as much as I can to the vintage lot & the other randoms in your contest prize. Everyone else, thank you so much for participating, but most of all, thanks for reading.

This blog wouldn't exist without you.

8 comments:

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Here is to another 7!

bbcardz said...

Congrats to the winner and thanks for the contest. Love the blog and looking forward to more Dime Box goodness!

Fuji said...

Thanks Nick... and congratulations to the other Nick!

The Shlabotnik Report said...

If I'm going to finish 42nd (!!!), then I'm happy that Nick V. was the winner. Congratulations to each and every Nick!

SumoMenkoMan said...

Thanks for running this and good luck on the next 7 years! Congrats Nick!

Bulldog said...

Congratulations to Nick and thanks for doing the contest. Here's to another 7 years!

Baltmoss68 said...

Nice contest and hope you’re blogging a long while

Tim said...

Congratulations to the winner. Thank you for running this contest. Keep up the good work!