Tuesday, November 20, 2018

The (Second) Dime Box Frankenset, Page 37: Numbers 325-333


Frankenset Page #26 WINNER -- 1973 Topps #231 Bill Parsons (9 votes)

It's hard to think of '73 Topps as an underdog in any matchup, but I certainly think Bill Parsons pulled off an upset last week.

In yet another close race, Parsons edged out the classic '79 Topps Ron Pruitt close-up, taking nine tallies (of 36 total) to Pruitt's eight. It was a mixed field in general: five of the nine cards on last week's page received at least five votes.

I personally would've voted Pruitt by a wide margin, but I'm not complaining about getting to induct another '73 Topps card into the Gallery of Frankenset Champions.




The Random Number Generator spit out #37 this week, so we'll be looking at that page this week (#s 325-333) which sits right smack dab in the middle of my 666-card frankenset.

Let's take a look at the nominees.



2005 Donruss #325 Kirk Rueter

Pitchers at the plate will always rule.



2000 Upper Deck #326 Delino DeShields

2000 Upper Deck sucks eggs, but this card doesn't.



1993 Upper Deck #327 Mike Macfarlane

Proof that bat flips go back to at least 1993. 



2017 Topps #328 Adam Lind

Buckets. 



2015 Topps #329 Logan Forsythe

Double dipping in Tampa. 



2010 Topps Update #US330 Carlos Santana 

Base-hugging on tatooine.



2009 Topps #331 Luke Scott

Oh, the endless amounts of possible captions.



2004 Upper Deck #332 Josh Bard

I've often thought about starting a high-five mini-collection (as if I needed another one of those).



1996 Stadium Club #333 Jay Buhner

Dust on impact (and the exact halfway card of my frankenset!).

That's it for this week's page. The polls are now on the sidebar. 

Happy voting!

8 comments:

acrackedbat said...

tough one between Luke and Jay. now of course, I want both of these cards. something I can always count on you to do is point out something else I don't have and suddenly need. right. now.

Mike said...

Lind...dagger!!

P-town Tom said...

I was going to go with the Carlos Santana card for the tatooine reference.
Then I saw the Buhner card! I've never seen dust come off the barrel like that before! That's pretty cool!

Mark Hoyle said...

I agree with your dad on this one

Fuji said...

I'm not a hoops fan, but Lind has my vote.

Matt said...

You just don't see dust off a bat like that anywhere - I'm voting for Buhner!

Tim said...

I voted for Lind, but now I've got some regret and wishing I went with Buhner.

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

looks like another close one